Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Range Etiquette

+3
Travis
sdsviper
hawcer
7 posters

Go down

Range Etiquette Empty Range Etiquette

Post by hawcer Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:06 pm

We've touched on this a bit...

What our your thoughts on the subject?

This isn't for bashing the smacktards, asshats, demented SHTF extremists, permanent fixtures or any other off the wall odd ball person you may find at your range.

Humor is most definitely welcome!

Some do's and don'ts...

Do -- pick up your mess before you leave
Don't -- Leave a bunch of empty ammo boxes, pop cans, other trash, empty cases you don't reload all over.( unless I'm there...I'll pick up the ammo boxes and usable cases for you)

Do -- be courteous to the guy next to you.
Don't -- go all Rambo with your semi auto, giving your neighbor a brass shower...especially if his scope cost more than your whole gun collection.

Do -- pick up your brass so you can reload it.
Don't -- pick up your neighbors brass so you can reload it.(unless given the ok)

Do -- Shoot at your targets
Don't -- Shoot at other peoples targets(unless it is a buddy that deserves some confusion)

Do -- Ask about someone else's firearm if it interests you.
Don't -- touch it unless it is handed to you.

Do -- Get as much as possible done while there.
Don't -- take over the whole range and screw over everyone else's day.

Do -- Call for a seize fire to collect or replace your targets
Don't -- Call for a seize fire every five minutes so you can check your groups

Do -- Interact with the other shooters...get to know them, start up or join a conversation.
Don't -- Interrupt a conversation , change the subject and never shut up afterward.

Do -- try another guys gun, if given the opportunity.
Don't -- ask if you can shoot it and NEVER demand.

Do -- Give the other shooters at the range a cheerful fair well when you leave.
Don't -- Split without saying a word. They will think they did something wrong or you are a a-hole.

Come on guys....add some more please! Very Happy
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Range Etiquette Empty Re: Range Etiquette

Post by sdsviper Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Do---- I will spot for you on long range targets so you won't need to check your groups every few rounds (if you ask nice).

Don't ---- Don't shoot 300yd targets when you can't group 5rds in 3 or less inches at the 50yd targets. Mad

Last edited by sdsviper on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
sdsviper
sdsviper

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Do--- Have a look at my wife

Don't--- start shit when i look at yours Very Happy
Travis
Travis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 pm

Do- Keep your firearm pointed downrange or at least toward the ground at all times whether it's loaded or not.
Don't- Sweep the guys next to you with the muzzle of your firearm even if it's not loaded, that gives everybody in the area a creepy feeling and it will ruin everybody's otherwise would be fun day at the range, unless of course you are an A-Hole and don't want any friends, or enjoy hateful looks from other shooters. Evil or Very Mad

Do- Bring your own binoculars and spotting scopes, rifle rests, ear muffs or plugs, necessary tools for scope adjustments or other work you plan to do while at the range to your firearms. Targets are also included in this package of possible items.
Don't- Bother the other shooters around you asking for extra targets, borrowing their tools, rests, or ear muffs/plugs.........that's just plain wrong and will make you appear to be a wingnut. Nobody likes those guys.

Do- Try to shoot the best you can and to the best of your abilities, afterall that's what your there for. Just remember that some guys may be developing loads, or there may be beginners there that have not shot very much before.
Don't- Boast about how well you shot, or brag about your groups, no high fiving, no back slapping....basically act like you have been there before and keep your pride to yourself. Don't carry your target around to show everybody at the range how good you are......nobody is really interested and are surely rather unimpressed. Please take your target home and frame it, post it to the web, give it to your girlfriend......or whatever it is you do with trophy paper and leave the guys around you to their shooting.

Do- Wear comfortable clothing and some type of eye protection. Sunglasses are fine if that's what you are comfortable shooting with.
Don't- Come to the range dressed like a hoodlum or a rap star, or a pole dancer. Baggy pants sliding off your arse and a hub cap on a dog chain around your neck are NOT range attire. As well as mini skirts and high heels. Save that wardrobe for your Peeps.
No flip flops! Those are for the beach, NOT the shooting range!
Especially if it's the middle of December........yes you know who you are.....put some shoes on.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Do enjoy the nostalgia of older or unique firearms

Don't try to hold a lecture on something you think you know about, odds are, you're wrong in someway and it's down right annoying to hear those people trying to explain something to a girlfriend or whatever they're trying to impress while you're really falling on your face to everyone else...Hint... it's a bad sign when people move away from you on the firing line.

Do treat the firing range like the golf course, with respect of others trying to enjoy the sport in their own comfortable bubble.

Don't invade the bubble. that means hoovering too close, interrupting a group of shots for a question, or otherwise. Interruptions automatically make the shooter you're interrupting fear of the unsafe, cause after all... Why bother someone concentrated on shooting a gun for any other reason.

There's nothing wrong with healthy conversation. nothing wrong with being friendly. TIMING is everything. wait till the cease fire or the individual looks up at you and initiates the conversation, otherwise, you're a distraction and distractions are unsafe let-alone rude.

Rolling Eyes
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:43 pm

hawcer wrote:
We've touched on this a bit...

What our your thoughts on the subject?

This isn't for bashing the smacktards, asshats, demented SHTF extremists, permanent fixtures or any other off the wall odd ball person you may find at your range.

Humor is most definitely welcome!

Some do's and don'ts...

Do -- pick up your mess before you leave
Don't -- Leave a bunch of empty ammo boxes, pop cans, other trash, empty cases you don't reload all over.( unless I'm there...I'll pick up the ammo boxes and usable cases for you)

Do -- be courteous to the guy next to you.
Don't -- go all Rambo with your semi auto, giving your neighbor a brass shower...especially if his scope cost more than your whole gun collection.

Do -- pick up your brass so you can reload it.
Don't -- pick up your neighbors brass so you can reload it.(unless given the ok)

Do -- Shoot at your targets
Don't -- Shoot at other peoples targets(unless it is a buddy that deserves some confusion)

Do -- Ask about someone else's firearm if it interests you.
Don't -- touch it unless it is handed to you.

Do -- Get as much as possible done while there.
Don't -- take over the whole range and screw over everyone else's day.

Do -- Call for a seize fire to collect or replace your targets
Don't -- Call for a seize fire every five minutes so you can check your groups

Do -- Interact with the other shooters...get to know them, start up or join a conversation.
Don't -- Interrupt a conversation , change the subject and never shut up afterward.

Do -- try another guys gun, if given the opportunity.
Don't -- ask if you can shoot it and NEVER demand.

Do -- Give the other shooters at the range a cheerful fair well when you leave.
Don't -- Split without saying a word. They will think they did something wrong or you are a a-hole.

Come on guys....add some more please! Very Happy
pick up your trash but leave me your Brass :-D
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Seriously.... I love having my own range compliments of a dry pond. 122 yds from my back patio.

Dont touch someone else s weapon with out their permission.

Dont mess with your weapon while there is a cease fire. (makes most folks hanging targets sh their pants)
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by billarrington Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:06 pm

do not walk onto my range behind my house else u will get shot !!!
if u come to my range please dont shoot my stupid dog who will most likely be trying to fetch targets for u ..
do not shoot my poppers faster than me or be prepared to spend the rest of the day shooting them till i win !
do not kill any snakes, they help with the mice population which in turn, makes my cat look good so my wife wont make me get rid of him ! (hey, he is a cool cat what can i say)
other than that shoot till ur arms get tired !!! lol

billarrington

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down