Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charter Arms rimless 9mm revolver. Any opinions?

3 posters

Go down

Charter Arms rimless 9mm revolver. Any opinions? Empty Charter Arms rimless 9mm revolver. Any opinions?

Post by EdgarEg Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Charter Arms rimless 9mm revolver. Any opinions? 9mmPitbull
Charter Arms has a 9mm revolver now. It does not require moon clips. Gotta be great for reloaders tired of chasing brass. It is on my wish list. I have seen and touched Charter Arms revolvers at gun shows but I have never fired or owned one. Anybody got any opinions on it?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Charter Arms rimless 9mm revolver. Any opinions? Empty Re: Charter Arms rimless 9mm revolver. Any opinions?

Post by Sasquatch-1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:51 am

I have been shooting a rimless 9mm revolver for decades. It's called a Ruger Blackhawk Convertable. Never thought much of Charter Arms for some reason. Never owned one so it is purely based on my own opinion
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Charter Arms rimless 9mm revolver. Any opinions? Empty Re: Charter Arms rimless 9mm revolver. Any opinions?

Post by EdgarEg Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Sasquatch-1 wrote:I have been shooting a rimless 9mm revolver for decades. It's called a Ruger Blackhawk Convertable.
So moon clips are not used to shoot 9mm in your Blackhawk?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:03 pm

EdgarEg wrote:
Sasquatch-1 wrote:I have been shooting a rimless 9mm revolver for decades. It's called a Ruger Blackhawk Convertable.
So moon clips are not used to shoot 9mm in your Blackhawk?

Nope, I have a second cylinder with the ridge to hold the 9mm in place. Quick change of the cylinder and ready to go. Gives me the option of 38 spl, 357 mag or 9mm.
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hughie Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm

I have been looking at one of theses also in .40 cal got a price on the .40 $ 453.00 affraid thought that is kind of high but the dealer told me that wheel guns prices have gone out the roof. He also has one in a .38 the gun feels real good in my hand but havent shot one yet. Charter arms make one in a .44spcl they all seem to be well made and nice looking pistols.
Hughie
Hughie

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:46 am

And according to this it will also fire .380 ACP.

http://www.charterfirearms.com/products/CARR.html

I wonder if there are other rounds it can fire too?

EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:28 pm

So based on how this Charter Arms 9mm revolver secures the cartridge would you say it headspaces on the mouth? Or does it headspace on the extractor groove?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:20 am

This thing is no longer on my wishlist. Gander Mountain had it for $429 plus tax. So I asked to look at it and it wound up following me home.

Funny thing, when he went to ring it up the cash register said it cost $499 plus tax. But since the tag had $429 he sold it to me for that.

In the photo you can see the "specialized spring" part of the ejector.

Charter Arms rimless 9mm revolver. Any opinions? Dsc07310
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down